From My Etsy Shop...

1.05.2010

A Blog By Any Other Name

Right. So here we go. As a girl I kept a diary, which at some point in high school became a much more exaulted form of a diary, commonly referred to as a "journal". In college I kept my diary on my word processor. Then life intervened and I stopped keeping a diary, journal, or any other written documentation of my life.(Ok, I posted a few entries on MySpace, but that doesn't count.) Fast forward a decade, and here I am once again, poised to once again record my life in print, and this time I'm bringing the  world along for the ride. Allons-y, mes amis.

I would like to say I have some clever plan for this blog, like weaving every sample in A Handweavers Pattern Book (aka The Green Book) within  a year, a la Julie and Julia.  Alright, yes, I admit that for a brief moment of madness and "I can do it too"-ness, I considered this option. Fortunately my eternal pessimism won out and I decided to limit myself to attainable pursuits. So what is your blog about already, Miss Beauty In The Eye? Oh sure, *now* they tell me it has to have a point, be cohesive, witty, interesting, hip, edgy, and fun. To get to the point, this blog will mostly focus on the things I love most:  beads, yarn, jewelry, weaving, fiber arts, color, and creativity. All of these components are wrapped up in my fledgling business, Beauty In The Eye. I create handwoven and loom-knitted textiles, as well as beaded jewelry. Right now I'm playing with PMC (Precious Metal Clay) which is *so* cool, and next week I'll be a student in a real honest-to-goodness jewelry making class with tools, torches, tools, and did I mention tools?  I will provide updates on my progress, ideas, sales and exhibits of my work as well as what's coming down the line next. One day, I may even have stuff on my website http://www.beauty-in-the-eye.com/  Right now it's just my completely fabulous logo designed by my friend, graphic artist Kristen Taylor. The girl has skills, does she not? And I can't forget about my Etsy shop, curiously devoid of merchandise but I did update my bio and shop announcement.

For now, this is me signing off. I'm new to this so "give 'em a BRAKE" as the signs on the snow plows say.

No comments:

Post a Comment